// Consumer unit installation +
Fuse board upgrades are critical safety measures most especially if you have been using the same electrical protective equipment for a long time or utilising old electric wiring in your property.
Choosing to do a fuse board replacement is for everyone’s peace of mind knowing that commercial or domestic electrical works are installed safely.
As a domestic & commercial electrical specialist, we understand your worries if your fuse board is not working properly as this can cause major electrical hazards, thus, we offer a vast range of domestic and industrial electrical works, domestic electrical services, domestic electrical installation, and the likes for your comfort and safety.
If you need a fuse board (Consumer Unit) exchange, fuse box change or upgrade, or looking to have professional service for fuse board repairs, our team of electrical contractors and electrical engineers will be more than willing to share their expertise and knowledge relating to electrical installation & maintenance.
When to Know You Need a Fuse Box Change or Upgrade?
- If you have been using the same fuse box for more than 10 years, sooner or later, you will notice signs of poor performance, lights flickering or dimming.
- You need to do a fuse board replacement if the demands of electrical usage are increasing. Doing so will prevent the old fuse box to be overloaded.
- Commission the services of our certified electrical engineers, electrical contractors, or domestic electricians if you notice an increase in your consumption. By doing a thorough electrical inspection, you will get the best recommendations for energy reduction of usage through electrical fault finding, electrical re-wires, fuse box change or upgrade.
- Regular brownout is another indicator of fuse board replacement, fuse box changes, or fuse box upgrades.
- Burning smell. Should you notice a burning smell, shut off the main power supply immediately and call us for electrical emergency service for our domestic electricians to conduct a detailed electrical inspection and testing.
But do not wait for these signs before you consider calling us. It is always a good idea to replace an old fuse board or fuse box to keep your properties secure and most importantly, your lives to be safer.
-An RCBO consumer unit can vary, however a 6 to 8 way starts at £470 and usually around £25 per circuit extra
-SPD is an extra £30 and may be required
-Afdd are around £120 each, however this is expected to come down when emendment 2 is released
Book a free quote online using the above link or call us on
T: 01253200053 M: 07895123112
Q: What is a RCD?
A: . RCDS CAN PROTECT AGAINST ELECTRIC SHOCKS, RESIDUAL CURRENTS, AND EARTH FAULTS
Q: What is a RCBO?
A: , RCBOS CAN DO WHAT RCDS CAN DO AND PROTECT A CIRCUIT FROM SHORT CIRCUITS AND OVERLOAD. RCBOS ARE ESSENTIALLY A COMBINATION OF MCB AND RCCB
Q:What is an AFDD?
A: AFDDS ARE PROTECTIVE DEVICES INSTALLED IN CONSUMER UNITS TO PROVIDE PROTECTION FROM ARC FAULTS.
Q:What is a SPD?
A: THEY ARE A DEVICE USED TO PROTECT SENSITIVE ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT CONNECTED TO THE INSTALLATION, SUCH AS COMPUTERS, TELEVISIONS, WASHING MACHINES AND SAFETY CIRCUITS, SUCH AS FIRE DETECTION SYSTEMS AND EMERGENCY LIGHTING.
Q: Will the power be off during the installation?
A: YES, THE POWER WILL BE OFF FOR AROUND 1- 4 HOURS
Q. WHAT IS RCBO AND RCD, WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
A. RCDS CAN PROTECT AGAINST ELECTRIC SHOCKS, RESIDUAL CURRENTS, AND EARTH FAULTS. ON THE OTHER HAND, RCBOS CAN DO WHAT RCDS CAN DO AND PROTECT A CIRCUIT FROM SHORT CIRCUITS AND OVERLOAD. RCBOS ARE ESSENTIALLY A COMBINATION OF MCB AND RCCB. IN SIMPLE TERMS, A SPLIT RCD WILL TRIP HALF THE CIRCUITS IN THE EVENT OF A FAULT WHERE AN RCBO WILL ONLY TRIP THAT ONE CIRCUIT.